How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Asheville smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full control of your Asheville home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Asheville help you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you can even chat with whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers complete remote access and control with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can perform:
- Check real-time or recorded video streams from your linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Asheville by programming schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the fire alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open door will cue you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Asheville
Even though many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you may want to add another user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and provide the info to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, press users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Asheville smart home. Contact (828) 571-7175 to learn more.