What should I do when my Asheville home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your home – and your loved ones – against the multitude of risks you might encounter, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Asheville home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be startling, confusing, and might provoke panic. Your best option is to stay calm and abide by these easy tips.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Asheville Goes Off
Nobody wants to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the distinct sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. So what should you do?
- Don’t panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the best way to assess the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to handle the emergency on your own instead allow your monitoring staff and first responders to perform their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your main focus should be your loved ones and moving them to safety. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might include moving to an appointed safe zone as far from entrances as possible. The intruder was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to take extra precaution. If there’s smoke or flames, you need to vacate your house immediately.
- Remember your smartphone. Most people keep their phones with them at all times these days, but you may neglect to pick it up during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring experts and obtain updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Asheville goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will spring to action. Their first step is to validate your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The procedure they adhere to is dependent on the type of emergency. For example, when the emergency is due to a medical situation, one attempt will be made to reach you before assistance is sent out. If you have an intrusion - the most common type of event - a monitoring professional will follow these steps to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you through the command hub. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t get a reply, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, nearby police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again once the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a position to communicate with monitoring staff, don't worry. Help will still be sent even when you're unable to verify the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Asheville
Stay ready for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in Asheville from Vivint. Contact (828) 571-7175 to begin the customization of your home’s defense today.